As a parent, I was concerned about my children’s education and decided to investigate alternative methods of schooling. I wanted an environment that allowed the freedom of expression, out of the box thinking and that all important individual attention. After much deliberation, the decision was made to open a homeschool with a difference. Reach the children who do not ‘fit in’ to what is supposed to be the normal society. Children who require a little bit extra in a smaller environment where they receive the attention they deserve. Children who are ‘not seen’ in big classrooms. A dream was born and since then, we have educated hundreds of children with dedicated staff. We build their confidence and self–assurance with constant supervision and assistance from our committed and passionate teachers.
Homeschooling at its best, our motto is individualism not whole class education. We have been in operation for 8 years and to date, and have a 100% success rate. Our specialty is assisting children who do not cope in the mainstream environment with big classes. We have great success with borderline remedial children.
Our focus areas are English and Mathematics on an American curriculum but also include Science, Biology, History, Geography and Economics. We offer a comprehensive science and Math’s program that integrates a hands on approach with age appropriate Science experiments included in our curriculum.
Attaining our Gr12 will open the entire world to your child as they will be able to study in South Africa and abroad on the curriculum used at The Matriarch. Our Matric students that have applied for university have all been accepted (GSC – Science – BCOM – Commerce – BENG – Engineering).
We also offer AP subjects i.e. Science and Calculus, once completing Matric.
What we have to Offer:
- Small classes of 8/10 students per grade, allows for individual attention on a daily basis.
- Digital system direct from USA from Gr0 – Gr12.
- Essential self-esteem and character building ensuring a well-rounded student.
- Provide a structured yet relaxed environment ensuring our student’s needs are met.
- Unique methods and educational developments to assist learning.
- Targeted activities both inside & outside the classroom.
- Building confident well-adjusted adults who make a positive contribution to society.
- To provide a well-rounded environment that meets the child were they are presently.
- Providing committed and dedicated staff.
- Affordable Fees
- To provide a stimulating, interesting and fun learning experience.
- Up to date techniques and educational developments to assist learning.
- A personal and individual interest in each child.
- Targeted activities both inside and outside the classroom that enhance learning opportunities.
- Building confident well-adjusted adults who will make a positive contribution to society.
- Giving our learners a firm foundation to build their futures on.
- Instilling moral values and self-discipline for life.