Leather Gallery furniture is a premium investment. Our luxurious furniture is skillfully handcrafted from the finest materials, and features unique, timeless designs. Your Leather Gallery furniture is a valuable investment that will withstand the test of time when properly cared for and maintained. See Leather and Fabric Couch for more information.
Furniture adds value and a sense of harmony to the overall appearance of your home while setting the overall tone for your interior space. Most importantly, aside from the sophistication and elegance it brings, the main purpose of furniture is to provide comfort and convenience to your family. Therefore, it is important to know how to properly care for it to ensure that it stays in pristine condition for many years to come.
You might also be interested in: 5 Things to Consider before Buying a Recliner Chair
The Do’s and Don’ts of Looking After Leather Furniture
As leather ages and gets worn in, it actually becomes more comfortable and softens. The great thing about buying modern leather furniture is that years from now that same piece of furniture, whether it’s a chair, couch or a recliner, will still feel great and, with proper care, will look fantastic! Here are a few do’s and don’ts to bear in mind when looking after your leather furniture:
The Do’s of Looking After Leather Furniture
- Dust and vacuum your leather furniture regularly. This will prevent dirt and dust from settling in the piece of furniture’s creases. It will also keep your furniture looking vibrant and dust free. Use soft vacuum attachments only.
- You should keep your furniture out of direct sunlight if possible. This will protect your furniture from fading and losing its colour. Keeping furniture out of direct sunlight also means it’s less likely to crack and dry out with age.
- You should always do a spot test on your leather furniture before using any cleaning product on it. To check if the cleaning product is safe to use on your leather, apply a small amount of the product to an area on your piece of furniture. We suggest you test a spot that isn’t very noticeable. If the leather changes colour or reacts badly to the product, simply blot it off and make a note not to use it for cleaning your future.
The Dont’s of Looking After Furniture
- When it comes to keeping your modern leather furniture in mint condition don’t let stains set into the leather. If you spill something, don’t wipe it, rather gently blot the area with a cloth. We also suggest you don’t use tap water to remove stains, because the chemicals found in tap water might ruin the colour of your leather.
- Don’t use a sharp or rough object to remove dirt or stains. You need to be gentle when taking care of leather, rather use polish, or specialised cleaning products designed for leather, to remove dirt and stains.
- You shouldn’t let your leather furniture get wet. As mentioned before water can cause discolouration and can cause your leather furniture to swell and split.
How to treat Leather:
Leather furniture adds a rich, luxurious look and feel to your interior space that just gets better with time as the natural markings and colouring mature and deepen with each passing year. In order to ensure the lifespan of your leather furniture we recommend using our uniquely formulated Leather Gallery leather conditioner and leather cleaner.
Crafted from raw, natural hides, leather has similar qualities to our own skin. Over time leather can dry out, and so it is important to properly care for and hydrate your leather sofa. Our leather conditioner is uniquely formulated to give your leather sofas, and other leather furniture surfaces a soft, supple look by rehydrating and rejuvenating the look and feel of the leather. Simply use a small amount on a soft microfiber cloth and wipe down the surfaces of your leather sofas as directed.
Our Leather Gallery leather cleaner is formulated to remove water-based, as well as oil-based stains from your leather sofas. The leather gallery leather cleaner works to clean and brighten the surface of all of your leather sofas and other leather furniture
All of our leather gallery maintenance products have been formulated in a unique way which are environmentally safe and sustainable.
Our Leather Gallery Leather Cleaner has been formulated to remove water-based, as well as oil-based stains from your leather couch and other leather home furniture. The Leather Gallery Leather Cleaner works to remove stains and brighten the surface of your leather sofa suite as well as other leather home furniture. All of our Leather Gallery maintenance products have been formulated in a unique way to ensure that they are environmentally safe and sustainable. We recommend using our Leather Cleaner to ensure all your leather furniture is in the best possible condition.
Need Leather Maintenance? Leather Gallery Leather Conditioner has been formulated to maintain the look and feel of your leather couch and all other leather furniture. We have formulated our leather conditioner in a unique way to ensure that it is environmentally safe and sustainable. We recommend using our unique leather conditioner to ensure the lifespan of your leather furniture. Leather has similar properties to our skin; your leather home furniture can become dry and degrade if not properly cared for. Using small amounts of leather conditioner will hydrate your leather furniture and keep it looking subtle and elegant. Our range of leather care products are available at a Leather Gallery furniture store near you.